Monday, October 6, 2008
Nutrela are high protein soya chunks which can be used in a variety of ways and is delicious in each and every recipe it is tried and tested in. Nutrela is also available in minced form and can be used to make soya cutlets as well. I make this very yummy nutrela dish with loads of tomatoes, add some peas to it and it really makes a great combination.
1 cup nutrela chunks/ mini nuggets
1 medium sized onion finely chopped
4-5 tomatoes (blended into a puree)
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp grated ginger
4-5 green chillies (finely chopped)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp jeera powder
2 tsp amchur powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
2-3 table spoon chopped coriander leaves (for garnish)
1 table spoon Olive oil or any cooking oil
Salt to taste
• Take the soya chunks in a bowl and add enough water to cover them completely. Microwave in the oven for around 7-8 mins. Remove from the microwave and let the soya chunks rest in the warm water for another 5 mins. Wash the soya chunks thoroughly under running water pressing in between your palms. Drain the water completely from the soya chunks and keep aside.
• Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions to it. Now add ginger, garlic and chopped green chilies and sauté them together for 2 – 3 mins.
• Add the tomato puree to the pan and mix well. Add turmeric, red chilly powder, salt and jeera powder to the onions and tomatoes and mix them well. Add the drained nutrela to the masala and let it simmer for another 5 – 7 mins.
• Now add the amchur powder to the nutrela and mix well. Transfer the dish to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
• Serve yummy yummy nutrela with hot hot rotis………
I am sending this recipe to Ruth from Ruth Kitchen Experiments and to Meeta from Whats for Lunch Honey