Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Canapé is an appetizer consisting of crisp crackers topped with seasoned spread of fish, meat, cheese or salad combinations. Corn Canapés are also known a American Sevpuri and Canapés with a Twist is an interesting starter as the Canapés are home made and the corn filling with chilly and Soya sauce adds a unique flavor to these Canapés and makes you want more and more and more!!!!!!!!!!!
4 sheets of Phyllo Dough
1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
1 green chilly finely chopped
1 tsp red capsicum (finely chopped)
2 spring onions (finely chopped)
Reserve the spring onion greens for garnish
2 tsp Soya Sauce
1 tsp chilly sauce
1 tsp tomato ketchup
Garlic Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Olive Oil.
Cooking oil to grease the Phyllo Sheets
• Take the 4 Phyllo Dough sheets and line them one above the other on a cutting board.
• Cut the Phyllo dough sheets into square pieces and keep aside. Place the cut phyllo sheets in each of the muffin mould and grease the sheets with the cooking oil.
• Preheat the oven at 350 degree F for 10 mins and place the muffin molder with the phyllo sheets and bake it for 8 – 10 mins or till the sheets get a golden brown color.
• To prepare the filling, add oil to the pan and add the chopped green chilies, spring onions, red capsicum and corn kernels and mix well.
• Now add the Soya sauce, chilly sauce, tomato ketchup, garlic salt and pepper and sauté for another 5 mins.
• Remove the muffin mould from the oven and let it cool for 2 mins. Remove the phyllo cups from the muffin molder and place in on a serving plate.
• Add the corn filling in the phyllo cups. Garnish with Spring onion greens and serve with tomato ketchup and chilly sauce.
I would like to send this to Hima of SnackORama for her event called Sunday Snacks with the theme Bake it.
I would also like to send this to Divya of Dil Se for her event Diet Foods.