Monday, August 25, 2008
Fenugreek Parantha (Methi ka parantha)
2 cups whole wheat flour
½ cup – 1 cup fenugreek leaves
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilly powder
1 tsp caraway seeds (ajwain)
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp oil to be added to the dough
Oil for making the tortilla (parantha)
½ cup water (to make the dough)
• Take wheat flour in a bowl, add fenugreek leaves, salt, turmeric, coriander powder, caraway seeds, chilly powder, oil into the bowl and mix well.
• Add water to the bowl and mix well to make dough of a consistency similar to that of a pizza dough. Let it sit aside for 10 mins.
• Take some of the dough and roll it between your palms so that you have a round ball like shape. Dust some of the wheat flour on the board and put the dough on the dusty board and with the help of the rolling pin, flatten the dough to make a round shape tortilla.
• Heat the griddle and once it turns hot place the tortilla to the griddle and cook it on one side. Apply oil over the tortilla and turn it over to cook the other side. With the help up of the spatula press the tortilla evenly so that you get a nice brown color on both the sides of the tortilla.
• Apply some butter over the hot tortilla (parantha) and serve with curd.