Monday, September 8, 2008
Toasties is a quick, easy and a healthy snack with veggies, which is baked and has a loads of crunch to it in every bite you take. It is also a form if finger food that could be served as a snack in your parties and get together and will earn you compliments for its unique taste I am sure!
2 table spoons butter
2 table spoons spring onions finely chopped
1 table spoon red capsicum finely chopped
1 clove of minced garlic.
2 table spoons chopped coriander leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
4-5 bread pieces cut into vertical strips.
1 table spoon parmesan cheese (to sprinkle over the bread pieces)
Spring Onion greens for garnish
• Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and add spring onions along with the greens (save some greens for garnish), red capsicum, minced garlic, chopped coriander leaves, salt and pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients well.
• Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Apply a coat of oil to the baking sheet.
• Take the bread strips and apply the prepared mixture over the strip and line them on a baking sheet. Repeat the process for all the bread strips.
• Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the bread strips and bake it in the oven for 10 mins or till the cheese has melted.
• You can use any cheese you like; I had parmesan at home so went ahead with it.
• Remove the bread strips from the oven and garnish with the remaining spring onion greens. Serve hot with tomato and chilly sauce.
I am sending this recipe to Easy Craft from Simple Indian Food for her food event WYF Salad,Starter and Soup