Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Pizza Margarita is a very famous Italian recipe which has very simple ingredients which includes mozzarella cheese, basil leaves and tomato sauce. We have a very famous café in Maryland called Cosi and that is where I ate this pizza for the first time and loved it so much that I had to give it a try. I did add red capsicum to the pizza as it adds bite to the dish.
Try this recipe and I am sure you will love every bite of this simple Italian pizza.
Ingredients: Serves 4
Ready to bake Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough – 1 can
1 cup tomato sauce
10 -12 basil leaves
1 cup sliced mozzarella cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Oil for greasing the baking sheet
½ cup sliced red capsicum
• Preheat the oven to 400 degree F for 10 mins. Grease the baking sheet with olive oil
• Take the thin crust pizza dough and spread it on to the baking sheet.
• Add the tomato sauce all over the pizza dough and spread it evenly.
• Now add the red capsicum, basil leaves and sliced mozzarella cheese. Keep aside some basil leaves for garnish
• Sprinkle salt and pepper to the pizza and bake it in the oven for 10 mins or till the cheese melts and the crust is golden brown.
• Garnish with basil leaves and serve hot.